What to Expect the First Year (Third Edition) is a completely revised third edition, of the world’s best-selling, best-loved guide to babies, and every parent’s must-have/go-to. Keeping the trademark month-by-month format that allows parents to take the potentially overwhelming first year one step at a time, First Year is easier-to-read, faster-to-flip-through, and new-family-friendlier than ever—packed with even more practical tips, realistic advice, and relatable, accessible information than before. New additions include:
- An all-new chapter on buying for baby helps parents navigate through today’s dizzying gamut of baby products, nursery items, and gear.
- Tips on preparing homemade baby food, the latest recommendations on starting solids
- Research on the impact of screen time (TVs, tablets, apps, computers)
- A “For Parents” boxes that focus on mom’s and dad’s needs.
- New illustrations, too!
By Heidi Murkoff
With Sharon Mazel
Among the changes: Baby care fundamentals—crib and sleep safety, feeding, vitamin supplements—are revised to reflect the most recent guidelines. Breastfeeding gets more coverage, too, from getting started to keeping it going. Hot-button topics and trends are tackled: attachment parenting, sleep training, early potty learning (elimination communication), baby-led weaning, and green parenting (from cloth diapers to non-toxic furniture).
Throughout, topics are organized more intuitively than ever, for the best user experience possible.
With over 11 million copies in print, What to Expect: The First Year is the instructions that babies don’t come with, but should. And now, it’s better than ever and is completely updated!
Paperback | 678 pages
152 x 226 x 36mm | 907g
- What to Expect When You're Expecting Book (5th Ed)S$22.90 (+10% OFF FOR VIP)
- What to Expect: Eating Well When You're Expecting (2nd Edition)S$22.90 (+10% OFF FOR VIP)
- What to Expect: Eating Well When You're Expecting BookS$21.90 (+10% OFF FOR VIP)
- 97 Ways to Make a Baby Laugh BookS$12.90 (+10% OFF FOR VIP)
- The Complete Book of Breastfeeding (4th Ed)S$21.90 (+10% OFF FOR VIP)
- Eyelike 400 Reusable Stickers Book - PiratesS$9.90 List Price: S$12.90