JetKids by Stokke Bed Box Airplane Ride/Carry/Sleep-On Suitcase V3 (4 Colours)
JetKids by Stokke Bed Box Airplane Ride/Carry/Sleep-On Suitcase V3 (4 Colours)
JetKids by Stokke Bed Box Version 3 is a childrens' ride-on suitcase, inflight bed and leg-rest, in the very same box. The world's only premium, ride-on suitcase for children with an in-flight bed or leg-rest feature. This travel essential combines Scandinavian style and aviation inspired design with practical features for the entire trip and allows your child to rest comfortably or sleep during long and short-haul flights.
- Ride-on suitcase — kids can zoom around the airport riding on this Bedbox (suitable for children 3-7 years)
- Sleep-on — Bedbox transforms from a suitcase to a bed in 5 simple steps. The unique lid acts as an extension from the airplane seat to become a mini bed for small kids (suitable for children over 2 years)
- Sleep-on bed feature officially approved by many airlines (e.g. Turkish Airlines, Air Asia, Singapore Airlines, Virgin Australia, click here for full list)
- For use in planes, trains and ferries, where a seat extender is convenient
- Carry-on dimensions (46cm x 20cm x 36cm) and can be brought onboard as your child’s hand luggage. It can be stowed under the seat in front or in the overhead compartments
- Light weight (3 kg) suitcase is easy to pull or carry
- Large capacity to pack essentials for travelling thanks to a spacious interior (23L capacity)
- 360 degrees swivel wheels in front allows excellent maneuvering
- Shock absorbing front swivel wheels for excellent manoeuvring
- Universal and fits most standard economy seats in aircrafts
- Personalize your BedBox™ with included stickers
- Multi-purpose adjustable strap for carrying or pulling the BedBox™
Version 3 Updates:
- Improved wheel design for smoother journey and increased durability
- Improved lid — consistent and smooth slide with better locking mechanism
- Two-piece mattress (top section + leg rest section) with wings/side-flaps
- Lid has storage area for small items
Recommended for 0-7 years.
Product includes 12 month local warranty on manufacturing defects.
*Videos below feature the previous version (version 2) for your reference. This product is Version 3. Refer to below description for Version 3 updates.
VERSION 3 UDPATES!
Improved Wheels Design for Smoother Journey and Greater Durability
- Wheel clearance increased, more dampening
- Wheels changed to a softer material, with added rubber lining
- Improved wheel mounting structure for stronger attachment and minimize breakage around the wheels
Improved Lid for Smoother Sliding Action
- Improved mounting structure
- Better locking mechanism
- Integrated small storage space for small items like mattress part, blankets, etc
- Previous version: Rolled mattress with 2 individual side wedge pillows
- NEW: Practical 2 piece mattress (top section with wings + leg rest section)
- Top Section mattress to place on the airplane seat and foldable side flaps to cushion the sides of the armrests.
- Leg Rest Section mattress to place on bedbox
- More practical and convenient — convert from sitting to sleeping mode quickly and easily by attaching or removing the leg rest mattress from the top section mattress as and when required.
- Improved anti-skid strips for mattress to grip airplane seat more securely
- Mattress with foldable side flaps and more space-saving than previous version
Upgraded Carry Strap
- Longer (40 cm longer than previous version)
- Thicker and stiffer
- Adjustable strap length: 88 - 140 cm
Fun and functional with ample storage, the BedBox™ holds your child’s must-haves. Once packed, let your little one ride it (or pull it) through the airport terminal for stress-free travel. Once the seat belt sign is off, transform the BedBox™ from a suitcase into a bed in 5 simple steps. The ride-on suitcase is for children 3-7 years old, and the bed feature is best suited for children over 2 years old. Officially approved by many airlines.
The bed/leg-rest feature is easy to use with the help of the unique and patented lid, which is height and length adjustable in order to fit most standard economy seats. The extendable lid lengthens the seat to create a larger surface ideal for sleeping. Tired feet can rest on the comfortable foot ledge
- Top handle for your child to hold while riding or being pulled
- Mattress and soft side panels create a comfortable space on the seat
- Seat belt can be used whether lying down or sitting upright
- Mattress is included, can also be used as changing mat (machine washable, hand wash & lay flat to dry)
- 23 litre volume gives enough storage for favourite items
- Easy installation (User Instructions)
- Assessed and approved by many major international airlines
- Mattress Oeko Tex certified (textile test)
Designed for use on-board airplanes, but can also be used on-board trains. Bedbox can be used with or without the unique "bedmode" lid, according to your child's needs. Has you child outgrown bedmode? Remove the bedmode lid so you can have more storage space in your Bedbox!
*Pictures below feature Bedbox Version 1 for reference. This product is version 3 (refer to 1st product image above).
|23 litres storage capacity
This patented children’s ride on suitcase easily converts into a comfortable bed/leg-rest.
- BedBox® is the perfect travel companion for children up to approximately 7 years of age.
- The bed feature can be used for children all the way up to approximately 4 years (Bed length accomodates max 100 - 110 cm)
- The leg rest feature can be used for children all the way up to approximately 5-6 years, and the ride on suitcase can be used from when they are able to sit safely on their own (≈ 3 yrs), and all the way up to approximately 7 years.
- Dimensions: 46 x 20 x 36 cm (18 x 8 x 14 in)
- Weight: 3.3 kg (7 lbs)
- Volume: 23 L (6 gal)
- Max Load: 35 kg (77 lbs)
Click here for a list of airlines that has approved the Bedbox. (As an extra precaution, it is always advised to check with the airline first.)
- Mattress and side panels
- Adjustable strap
- Two sheets of decorative stickers
- When the aircraft is airborne, and the seatbelt-sign has been switched off, you can easily turn the BedBox® into "bedmode" with the help of it´s unique lid and mattress.
- BedBox® is designed to be used during the cruise portion of the flight, and is easily stowed away before landing.
- Not to be used during taxi, takeoff, landing or turbulence
- When sitting and using Bedbox as legrest, aircraft seatbelt is recommended
- Strap to secure the BedBox and insure stability when using it onboard
Ride-on suitcases are one of the most popular travel gadgets ever made for children, and are sold in their millions each year. Kids love them, and parents love them! Why? Because they solve some of the hassles experienced when travelling with small children.
Riding through the big airports on a ride-on suitcase is a fun experience for kids, and solves that part of the journey in a positive way. And since most ride on suitcases are made within hand luggage dimensions, the kids are able to bring their favourite items on-board.
But what about the part of the journey that you spend in the air? For many parents, the real hassle about traveling starts when entering the aircraft. The children usually get tired and exhausted during the flight, and many of them need their sleep. However, the sleeping opportunities for children on-board most aircrafts are very limited.
What is BedBox®?
BedBox® is the ultimate travel gadget for children from 0 years, all the way up to 6-7 years. It is your child´s hand luggage, ride-on suitcase and inflight bed, in the very same box.
What about the safety when used in "bedmode" during flight?
BedBox® is developed by a former aircraft engineer, pilot, parents and frequent travellers, in cooperation with one of the best design agencies in Norway. It is designed with safety and comfort in mind, and can be used during the cruise portion of the flight. It shall not be used during taxi, take-off, landing or turbulence.
Is it difficult to use?
No. It is easily set up in a few seconds, by following the simple instructions under the lid. It is also very easy to stow away before landing.
Can the BedBox® be used on any seat?
BedBox® should preferably be used on window seats on single aisle aircrafts. If flying on wide-body aircrafts with twin aisle, it should preferably be used on either window seats, or on the middle seats, if sitting in the middle row, between the aisles.
What should I do when my child has outgrown the flat bed-feature, but still need to sleep?
Older kids need to sleep on-board airplanes as well. A good tip for a more comfortable sleeping position for the older kids is to use the BedBox® as a comfortable footrest, and thereby convert the regular economy class seat into a Business Class seat. Turn the lid around, and adjust it to the proper height to allow the child to rest their feet. This, in combination with a reclined seatback, is very comfortable for a child that doesn’t reach the floor with their feet. Although not “First Class”, still “Business Class”
Does the bed-feature require the child to have its own seat?
BedBox® is at it´s best if used in a separate seat. If you travel with infants under 2 years old that don't have their own seat, we recommend asking staff at check-in or gate if there are any available seats on-board. Our experience is that families with small children are prioritized on these seats. However, our customers have reported that it is possible to use the BedBox® between two seats, with armrest in the upward position. This is most likely to be successful if done between an adult and another child.
Does every airline approve the bed/leg-rest function?
BedBox has been assessed and approved by many major international airlines. Happy and well rested children is important to them as well. However, we cannot guarantee all airlines will approve its use, and final decision will always rest with the cabin crew. For more information, please see our approved airlines list (visible throughout our website), read this article, or contact us for advice.
The bed/leg-rest feature of the BedBox looks so comfortable! Does it compromise safety?
No, we believe using the bed/leg-rest feature of the BedBox properly does quite the opposite. On a long flight, either we like it or not, children will naturally become tired and will eventually need to rest or sleep. Traditionally, this has been solved by letting children sleep curled up in their seat or across a seat row like this (or even on the floor!). Although sleeping across a seat row is widely accepted and usually not a problem, it is not optimum in case of unexpected turbulence. Using the bed/leg rest feature of the BedBox will better allow using the aircraft seat belt, while still having a super comfortable place to sleep or rest.
In addition, the BedBox has already passed safety assessments by many major airlines.
Are there any limitations for using the bed/leg-rest feature during air travel?
Yes, it is intended to be used during the cruise portion of the flight only, and must be stowed away during taxi, take-off, landing or turbulence.
Can the BedBox be used on any aircraft seat?
BedBox should be used on window seats on single aisle aircrafts. If flying on wide-body aircrafts with twin aisle, it should preferably be used on either window seats, or on the middle seats, if sitting in the middle row, between the aisles.
Can the BedBox and RideBox be used for travel other than on an airplane?
Yes, BedBox and RideBox are perfect travel companions, and can in many cases be used as a comfortable leg rest on trains and ferries.
Can the BedBox be used during turbulence?
No, just like most baby bassinets that you will find on some limited number of aircrafts, it shall not be used during turbulence. However, to better secure towards unexpected turbulence, we recommend always using the seat belt in combination with the use of BedBox, and use the strap to secure the BedBox in place.
What is the maximum length for using the bed/leg-rest feature in a typical aircraft seat?
Some airlines have better seat pitch than others. Seat pitch is usually between 82-90 cm. BedBox can be used as a comfortable leg rest for children up to 120-130cm. Children up to 100-110 cm might also be able to curl up and lay down comfortably on their side.
Are BedBox and RideBox FAA/EASA etc approved?
Personal comfort devices and carry-on suitcases such as BedBox and RideBox are normally not subject to a specific approval from the aviation authorities. They are brought on board for personal comfort and convenience and can be used at the discretion of the crew, and within their limitations.
For BedBox, as with most other personal items brought on board, the user is responsible for ensuring proper use according to the user instructions.
Is there enough space for other items in the suitcase?
Yes, the mattress does not take up much volume, so there is plenty of space for other favorite items as well. The total capacity of the BedBox is 20 liters.
In which direction should the child be positioned when using the bed/leg-rest feature?
We recommend a position with the feet towards the seat in front. This will better allow using the seatbelt in combination with bed/leg-rest feature of the BedBox. Even though this is not a strict requirement, it is always recommended and a good practice to use the seatbelt whenever seated.
What happens if the seat in front is reclined? Will it affect normal usage of the bed/leg-rest feature?
This has been tested on many different economy seats with a normal recline angle. Since the platform height of the BedBox is so low, and close to the rotation/hinge point of the backrest of the seat in front, this will usually not be a problem.
Are the wheels lockable?
No, the wheels are not lockable. To secure the BedBox in place, we recommend using the shoulder/pulling strap around the base rail under your child's seat.
Can BedBox be used on bulkhead seats (without a seat in front)?
If BedBox is properly secured to the aircraft seat with the help of the strap, it is possible to use it on bulkhead seats. However, BedBox is primarily designed to be used between two seat rows, as this will give better support and stability.