Schleich Proboscis Monkey Animal Figurine Toy
Schleich Proboscis Monkey Animal Figurine Toy
Schleich Proboscis Monkey Animal Figurine Toy is a plastic toy figurine of a Monkey. Crafted with a close likeness to the real animal. Life-like animal figurines help cultivate an understanding of animals in children. The life-like Schleich animals with elaborate detail stimulate children to play creatively, allowing them to come up with their first imaginative animal stories. The Proboscis Monkey from Schleich® WILD LIFE is a primate that lives in rainforests and mangrove forests on the Asian island of Borneo. The males have a strikingly large nose that can be up to 10 cm long. But they don’t have a strong sense of smell. Researchers believe that it is used to impress females. Proboscis Monkeys are day-active mammals who live in small groups and feed on leaves and fruits.
Fun Fact: Amongst primates, Proboscis Monkeys are the best swimmers. They can even dive well.
- Schleich products are predominantly made of PVC, TPE, ABS in addition to other plastics typical for toys.
- Saliva- and sweat-proof, abrasion-resistant
- All of our articles and materials comply with the national and international toy requirements applicable worldwide, as well as the new European Toy Safety Directive 2009/48/EC and DIN EN 71
- CE mark (CE tested and approved.)
- Dimensions: 3.86 x 1.14 x 1.81 inch (W x D x H)
Recommended for ages 3+ years.
What material are the products made of?
Schleich products are made of various plastics and dyes, which are carefully selected to meet the respective requirements. Some of the most important plastics we use are polyvinyl chloride (PVC), thermoplastic elastomers (TPE) and acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS), in addition to other plastics typical for toys. Even the material suppliers are subject to strict controls by our quality officers. The dyes used are optimally adapted to the different types of plastic and demonstrate top-rate mechanical and chemical resistance. They ensure the high durability of Schleich products and make all of our pieces saliva- and sweat-proof as well as abrasion-resistant, and thus ensure that they are completely safe for playing with. Only once a product meets all laws, standards and guidelines is it released for production.
How do I recognise a Schleich figure?
Each Schleich figure bears a Schleich engraving at a as inconspicuous as possible of a location so as not to compromise its value as a toy. This engraving shows our company name with its headquarters, the country of manufacture and the CE mark. This way, it can be clearly recognised in which country and year each figure has been manufactured. The most prominent distinguishing feature is the famous Schleich tag on the individual figures.
Where are Schleich products produced?
The Schleich group produces in Germany, Romania, Moldova, Tunisia and China. All of our articles and materials comply with the national and international toy requirements applicable worldwide, as well as the new European Toy Safety Directive 2009/48/EC and DIN EN 71. This means that the ingredients and the production process are identical in all locations, so that the quality of the Schleich products is the same everywhere – no matter where they are produced. As part of Schleich’s high quality demands, each of the production sites is subject to regular and strict quality controls and checks. In addition, the Schleich group requires, among other things, a certification according to the ICTI CARE process from all partner companies. The ICTI CARE process is an initiative by the International Council of Toy Industries aiming for global compliance with certain codes of conduct. Among other things, it regulates the legal working hours, payment of the statutory minimum wages and the prohibition of child and forced labour. Quality and product safety.
How is a Schleich figure created - from the idea to the figure?
It takes an average of three to four months from the design of a model up to the finished Schleich figure. The popular hand-painted Schleich play figures are created through many different steps, involving great passion for detail and top-rate quality standards, and are unique in their trueness to nature, brought to life in children’s rooms across the world. The ideas for the various products are conceived in house. Each new figure takes shape for the first time in Schleich’s Product Design department. Based on drawings, photographs or templates from specialist books, the designer toils away to create a single-coloured wax model of artistic craftsmanship which already exhibits all details of the final product. Depending on the complexity of the figure, it takes two to eight weeks of work before the wax figure satisfies the critical eye of its creator. For example, on the body of a horse model each individual hair is applied one by one. The finished artwork finally goes to the marketing department for its appearance to be approved, to quality assurance for technical and structural testing and to the mould- and tool-making department. The resulting wax model is the precursor for creating the actual mould in the tool-making department. There are currently around 600 of these precious injection moulds made from a mixture of zinc, aluminium, magnesium and copper – and each one represents another play figure from the extensive Schleich product family. Each figure has its own base colour whose recipe is developed in house from various pigment blends of the PVC base material with different degrees of hardness. All production materials are chemically tested beforehand. The plastic granulates are heated up to the melting point and injected into the tool in liquid state using a nozzle. After machine production, the blanks need approximately half an hour to completely harden depending on their size. Larger figures are immersed in a cool water bath, while for smaller ones temporary storage on cooling plates is sufficient. Each individual figure is hand-painted. The only exceptions are large-area patterns, such as the brown spot pattern of a giraffe figure, which are applied using the pad-printing procedure. Only then do the finished figures receive the familiar Schleich tag with the red “S” on it and they are then ready for shipping.
Do Schleich products float?
Our products are made from various materials which must meet different requirements. Toys meant for extended play sessions in bath water or outdoor areas are subject to other regulations than conventional toys like ours. The Schleich play figures and sets are not designed for this – but the full answer to your question depends on many factors (such as the duration, temperature and not least the water additives or weather influences), which we cannot completely assess remotely.
- Schleich Tiger Animal Figurine ToyS$13.90 List Price: S$16.90
- Schleich Wild Life Starter SetS$29.90 (+10% OFF FOR VIP)
- Schleich Big Truck Animal Rescue Play SetS$89.00 List Price: S$109.00
- Schleich Golden Retriever Puppy Animal Figurine ToyS$7.50 List Price: S$8.90
- Schleich Tyrannosaurus Rex Attack Figurine Toy SetS$29.90 List Price: S$33.90
- Schleich Quad Escape From Velociraptor PlaysetS$48.90 List Price: S$59.90
- Schleich Grizzly Bear Animal Figurine ToyS$13.90 List Price: S$16.90
- Schleich Roaring Lion Animal Figurine ToyS$11.90 List Price: S$14.90
- Schleich Zebra Animal Figurine ToyS$13.90 List Price: S$16.90
- Schleich Bald Eagle Animal Figurine ToyS$11.90 List Price: S$14.90
- Schleich Orangutan Animal Figurine ToyS$13.90 List Price: S$16.90
- Schleich Kangaroo Animal Figurine ToyS$11.90 List Price: S$14.90
- Schleich Hereford Cow Animal Figurine ToyS$13.90 List Price: S$16.90
- Schleich African Elephant Animal Figurine ToyS$14.90 (+10% OFF FOR VIP)
- Schleich Male Giraffe Animal Figurine ToyS$13.90 List Price: S$16.90
- Schleich Cheetah Animal Figurine ToyS$11.90 List Price: S$13.90
- Schleich Polar Bear Animal Figurine ToyS$13.90 List Price: S$16.90