LaVie Lactation Massager - Rose (New Design)
LaVie Lactation Massager - Rose (New Design)
The LaVie Lactation Massager™ is a milk expression tool that helps improve milk flow and relieve pain caused by engorgement, plugged ducts and other breastfeeding symptoms. Developed in collaboration with IBCLCs, it's unique shape and multiple vibration modes, combined with our step-by-step care plan, make the Lactation Massager the perfect tool to restore your milk flow.
- Relief from plugged ducts and engorgement
- Faster milk letdown
- Improved milk flow
- Increased pumping output
- Empties the breast faster
- Softens the breast for better latching
- Teal-coloured control panel & buttons
- Longer battery life
- Now comes with a carry pouch
- 5 vibration modes
- Travel lock function
This product comes with 1 year warranty valid from date of purchase. Register for warranty here.
The Lactation Massager is waterproof and rechargeable, so it’s ready to use when and where moms need it. Plus, it’s easy to take on the road with its travel lock, USB charger, and carrying case.
The LaVie Lactation Massager™ is a milk expression tool that helps improve milk flow and relieve pain caused by engorgement, plugged ducts and other breastfeeding symptoms. It's unique shape and multiple vibration modes, combined with our step-by-step care plan, make the Lactation Massager the perfect tool to restore your milk flow. Our users have also experienced improved let-down and increased pumping output.
- Unique shape with 3 active sides
- Multiple vibration modes
- Soft on skin and easy to hold
- Medical grade silicone and BPA free
- Waterproof, massage in the shower
- Rechargeable, no batteries needed
Includes: Massager Unit, Carry Case, USB cable (not compatible with Old Design version)
BENEFITS OF USING A LACTATION MASSAGER
1. Relieve Clogged Milk Ducts
Clogged milk ducts can be extremely painful and can lead to mastitis if left untreated. Gentle vibrations help to break through the blocked ducts
2. Improve Milk Flow
Plugged ducts can lead to a reduction in milk supply if left untreated. Massage is a proven technique for improving and restoring milk flow
3. Reduce Breast Engorgement
Engorgement occurs when the breasts become overfull, which can lead to pain and swelling. Proper milk flow is important to healthy nursing
How does it work?
- Stimulate the breast with the wide side to improve letdown and soften the breast for latching
- Use the narrow tip to empty faster and work out stubborn plugged ducts that can lead to mastitis
- Reduce engorgement and move milk more effectively with the scoop edge
When do moms use it?
Specifically designed to be with moms during every step of their breastfeeding journey, the Lactation Massager can be used:
- When the mother’s milk first comes in to provide relief from pain and discomfort
- Before nursing sessions to encourage let-down, soften the breast for better latching, and more effectively empty the breast
- In the nursing bra before and during pumping sessions to stimulate the breast and improve flow
- As needed to relieve pain and discomfort associated with mastitis, plugged ducts, and engorgement
- To replace tedious and tiring hand compression of the breast
How can the Lactation Massager help me?
The LaVie Lactation Massager is a milk expression tool. It is designed to help optimize your milk flow while pumping or nursing. The benefits experienced by our moms have included relief from plugged ducts, preventing mastitis, relieving engorgment, improving milk output, emptying more effectively and faster, and improved letdown.
Results may vary since each person is a little different.
How do I turn it on and charge it?
To turn on, press and hold the center circle button for at least 3 seconds. Make sure to remove the charge cable before turning it on, it will not turn on while plugged in. Also make sure the travel lock is set to off (see section below how to deactivate travel lock).
Charging takes approximately 30 minutes to fully charge from empty. You will notice the circle button LED ring pulsating on and off. When fully charged the LED ring will remain solid. You can expect the massager to last between 3-4 hours depending on the setting you use.
How do I use the massager to relieve clogged ducts?
The massager can help keep you clog free, they key is do be patient, catch the clogs early, and keep working them out if they are stubborn. For some, the clogs go away quickly and for others it requires a few days depending on the severity. The goal is to make sure the clog does not worsen and develop into mastitis. Always consult with your physician if your clog is not going away.
To best relieve clogged ducts, first, apply heat to warm the breast for approximately 5-10 minutes. This will help soften the milk allowing it to flow better. You can use a warm compress or use the massager in a warm shower to help with stubborn clogs.
If you feel very engorged or the plugged duct is large, you can use the wide bottom side of the massager to help soften the area and express milk. Set the vibration mode to your preferred setting and gently press the wide side of the massager on the breast. Move the massager from the hard or tender area toward the nipple for approximately 10 minutes.
Using the narrow tip, press into the hardened tender area of the breast, moving towards the nipple. It may feel very tender, so apply as much pressure as you feel comfortable. You can also use the bottom and side edges to scoop or slide on the breast.
In order to pass the clog, it is important to empty the breast often. If possible, breastfeed on the affected breast first, since your little one will feed more vigorously at the beginning of a feed. If your breast still feels firm after feeding, pump the affected breast until softened. Use the massager to help express the milk while nursing or pumping.
Cooling down the breast can help reduce inflammation and relieve pain. As an optional step, apply a cold compress for approximately 10 minutes.
Make sure to rest as much as possible so your body can heal itself. This process can be repeated every 2-3 hours until the clogged duct is fully resolved.
What are some tips for using it?
1. Heat is a great way to help get the milk flowing, whether you have slow letdown, or mastitis.
2. Place the massagers in your nursing or pumping bra for 5-10 minutes before to help stimulate milk flow and letdown.
3. While pumping, use the narrow tip to press into the ducts to help increase the flow and help drain the breast faster.
Make sure to use your massager at least once a day to help maintain your flow even if you do not have any plugged ducts.
Can it help increase milk supply?
The lactation massager does not directly increase milk supply, however it can help contribute to increasing your supply. For most moms, milk is created on a supply demand model, if your baby needs more milk your body will produce more. The massager can help you empty the breast more effectively, thus triggering your body to think your baby needs more milk. If you are looking to increase your supply, you may need to increase your nursing or pumping routine as well.
How does the travel lock work?
The travel lock helps prevent the massager from accidentally turning on while travelling or while at work. To turn on the Travel Lock mode, press the up and down arrows simultaneously for 3 seconds. You will see the LED ring blink twice. To unlock, repeat the steps for holding the up and down arrows for 3 seconds.
Charging the massager also automatically disables the travel lock feature.
- LaVie Lactation Massager - Teal (New Design)S$64.90 (+10% OFF FOR VIP)
- LaVie Warming Lactation Massager PadsS$119.00 (+10% OFF FOR VIP)
- LaVie Lactation Massager RollerS$28.90 (+10% OFF FOR VIP)