Clevamama Mum2Me Maternity Pillow & Sleep Pod - Yellow/Grey Stripes
Clevamama Mum2Me Maternity Pillow & Sleep Pod - Yellow/Grey Stripes
Clevamama Mum2Me Maternity Pillow & Sleep Pod is a baby sleep pod with a removable bumper pillow that can be used as a maternity and nursing pillow. It can provide support to mum's entire body, from head and neck, down to bump and knees, during those times when getting comfortable seems impossible. After baby is born, it easily transforms into a safe and snug co-sleep pod for your baby.
- Total body support for mum & bump helping for a good night's sleep
- Elevated support for mums helps reduce the effects of heartburn and reflux, a common issue, particularly in late pregnancy.
- Transforms into a snug sleep pod for your baby
- Mattress is made from ClevaFoam® technology which supports your baby's growing body & protects the round shape of your baby's soft head.
- 100% breathable, has significantly reduced heat retention and light weight.
- Hypo-allergenic, pH balanced, toxin and formaldehyde free, for babies who suffer from asthma and allergies.
- Made with 100% soft jersey cotton & machine washable cover.
- Size: External - 60cm x 104cm. Internal 30cm x 77cm.
Recommended for babies 0+ months.
The Mum2Me Maternity Pillow & Sleep Pod supports mum`s entire body, from head and neck, down to bump and knees, during those times when getting comfortable seems impossible. The elevated support helps reduce the effects of heartburn and reflux, a common issue, particularly in late pregnancy.
After baby is born, it easily transforms into a safe and snug co-sleep pod for your baby. The sleep pod mattress is made using our advanced ClevaFoam® technology. This supports your baby's rapidly growing body and developing joints and protects the round shape of your baby's soft head to help prevent Flat Head Syndrome (Plagiocephaly). It is scientifically proven to reduce pressure on the back of your baby's head by 50% and to increase support by 80% (Trinity College, University of Dublin, Ireland).
The uniquely formulated ClevaFoam® with its open cell structure is 100% breathable, has significantly reduced heat retention and is remarkably light weight. For your baby's comfort and safety, it is hypo-allergenic, pH balanced, toxin and formaldehyde free, perfect for babies who suffer from asthma and allergies.
Made with 100% soft jersey cotton & machine washable cover.
Size: External - 60cm x 104cm. Internal 30cm x 77cm.
Please follow the instructions below.
- Comes with a removable and washable pod cover.
- The bumper rarely needs washing.
- Ventilating and airing is usually enough. If you choose to wash, place in a pillow case or washing bag.
- Tumble dry at low or medium heat and fluff or shake back into shape.
- Ensure it is fully dried before use.
- Check fabric and seams for damage.
The mattress pad itself may be washed occasionally and gently by hand using a mild detergent. Gently squeeze excess water from the mattress and allow to dry flat. Safety is a shared responsibility.
Although this product has been manufactured according to all safety standards and requirements, we need your help in order to keep your child safe and failure to follow these instructions for use may cause serious injury or damage to your child.
To prevent serious injury or death:
- Pay special attention to warnings for safety, in order to prevent possible injury to your child.
- Not intended for carrying baby.
- Always place your baby to sleep on their back to reduce the risk of SIDs.
- Ensure your baby has plenty of supervised tummy time when baby is awake and alert.
- The Mum2Me must always be used in a safe and supervised environment.
- When used for co-sleeping it must be with a responsible, non-smoking, non-inebriated adult.
- Your baby's feet should be positioned at the foot of the Pod if blankets are being used, to ensure your baby cannot wiggle down under the covers.
- Ensure that your Mum2Me is fully supported on a stable surface. NEVER place this product on counter-tops, tables on or near steps or on other elevated surfaces.
- Do not keep stuffed toys, inside the Mum2Me Pod.
- Blankets and quilts must always be secured by safely tucking them in under the Pod.
- To avoid possible entanglement or strangulation, do not add additional strings or straps to the product.
- Check the product regularly for damaged seams and similar. Damages must be fixed immediately.
A child's movement can slide this product. NEVER place this product on counter-tops, tables on or near steps or on other elevated surfaces.
- All foam products are packed for safety and transportation and require time when unpacked to return to original shape and size.
- Please remove the product from all packaging and allow to air for a period of 48 hours before use.
- Optimum room temperature for best performance should be 18°C.
ClevaFoam® technology supports your baby's rapidly growing body and developing joints, it protects the round shape of your baby's soft head to help prevent Flat Head Syndrome (Plagiocephaly). It is the only product scientifically proven to reduce pressure on the back of your baby's head by 50% and to increase support by 80% (Trinity College, University of Dublin, Ireland).
The uniquely formulated ClevaFoam® with its open cell structure is 100% breathable, has significant reduced heat retention and is remarkably light weight. For your baby's comfort and safety, it is hypo-allergenic, pH balanced and phthalates, toxin and formaldehyde free. Ideal for babies with asthma and allergies.
During the manufacturing process we use only water as an alternative blowing agent, instead of harmful chemicals. Oeko-Tex® 100 certified for use with babies.
Researched and developed with the world-renowned University at Trinity College in Dublin, our advanced ClevaFoam® technology is specifically engineered, designed and manufactured for babies. It supports your baby’s rapidly growing body and developing joints, it protects the round shape of your baby’s soft head to help prevent Plagiocephaly (Flat Head Syndrome), which is common in young babies.
It is the only product scientifically proven to reduce pressure on the back of a baby’s head by 50% and to increase support by 80% (Trinity College, University of Dublin, Ireland). Hyper-allergenic, pH balanced and toxin free it is ideal for babies and children with asthma and allergies.
WHAT IS PLAGIOCEPHALY?
Deformational Plagiocephaly (DP) is a medical condition, more commonly known as ‘flat head syndrome’ (FHS), which occurs when an infant’s head becomes flatten and or misshaped due to the head continually resting on a surface that does not conform or support the shape of a baby’s head. Infant heads are soft to allow for the initial passage through the birth canal and then for the incredible brain growth that occurs in the first year of life. During the early months of life, they are more susceptible to being "molded" into a flat shape or taking the form of the surface that the skull is in contact with.
Plagiocephaly develops when an infant’s rapidly growing head attempts to expand, and meets some type of resistance— either prenatally in the mother’s womb, or more commonly after delivery because the back or side of a baby’s head is pressed against a mattress, car seat or other flat surface.
This condition affects many infants, especially since the widespread introduction of the “Back to Sleep” campaign which recommends that babies are placed to sleep on their back (supine sleep) that was introduced in 1994 and has made significant inroads to reducing the number of SID’s (Cot Deaths), by an estimated 46% in some countries. However, the by-product of the supine sleeping is a significant increase of FHS which is now at epidemic proportions according the AAP (American Academy of Paediatrics) affecting nearly 50% of all baby by the age of 2 moments. (www.aap.org, 2013).
Further to this, babies suffering from Torticollis are also at risk of developing FHS due the nature of the condition, which is a tight or shortened muscle in one side of the neck causes the head to tilt or turn to one side, resulting in the infant resting its head in the same position.
UNIVERSITY OF TRINITY COLLEGE RESEARCH
In collaboration with world renowned University at Trinity College in Dublin, ClevaMama® carried out a comprehensive study on Deformational Plagiocephaly or Flat Head Syndrome. This research led to the development of ClevaFoam®, the only non-invasive aid proven to help in the prevention and correction of Flat Head Syndrome.
Researchers at Trinity College Centre for Bioengineering conducted a biomechanical analysis of contact between an infant skull and different support materials during bed rest. ClevaFoam® was found to reduce the pressure on an infant’s skull which aggravates flat head syndrome by up to 50% and increase support by 80%. The study found both lower stress distribution on a baby’s head and lower strain energy density when using ClevaFoam® products.
What is ClevaFoam® made of?
ClevaFoam® is made from low resilience polyurethane foam.
Is ClevaFoam® the same as memory foam?
No, they share many features but have one great difference, namely the cell structure. Standard or normal memory foam is usually a closed cell structure which makes it heavy, dense, with reduced airflow causing it to retain and build-up of heat. ClevaFoam® is made with an open cell structure thereby making it lighter, more breathable, with reduced heat retention.
What age is ClevaFoam® suitable from and to?
ClevaFoam® products can be used from birth, with the upper age limit depending on the product ClevaFoam® is used in. For example, the ClevaFoam® Baby Pillow can be used from birth but the Toddler Pillow is not recommended before 12 months. The ClevaSleep® Plus Elevated Support is also made out of ClevaFoam® and can be used until the baby starts moving in their sleep, usually at around 5-6 months (this will vary from baby to baby).
Is ClevaFoam® washable and if so how?
Hand wash using a mild detergent, allow to air dry on a flat surface.
Is ClevaFoam® breathable?
Yes, because of the manufacturing process and the open cell structure ClevaFoam® is breathable.
Is the cover breathable?
Yes, it is. The cover is made using Airflow™ technology, which increases airflow and draws away moisture from your baby.
Is the cover washable?
Absolutely! The cover is like any other pillow case and can be hand washed according to the instructions on the care label.
What material is the cover?
The cover is made from 100% polyester.
Are all ClevaFoam® products lined?
Yes, all products have a lining. Depending on the product, some are waterproof and some have structure covers.
- Clevamama ClevaFoam Baby Pillow (New 3102 Model)S$23.92 List Price: S$29.90
- ClevaMama Bamboo Baby Washcloth (3pk) (8 Colours)S$15.92 List Price: S$19.90
- Cotton Cover (55x35cm) for Clevamama ClevaFoam Toddler Pillow (7 Designs)S$14.30 - S$14.32 List Price: S$17.90
- Clevamama ClevaFoam Support Baby Mattress (70x140cm) - Increased AirflowS$191.00 List Price: S$239.00
- ClevaMama AirGo Support Mattress (60 x 120 cm)S$159.00 List Price: S$199.00
- Clevamama ClevaFoam Pram Pillow (New 3101 Model)S$23.90 List Price: S$29.90
- Skip Hop Zoo Snack Cup (18 Designs)S$14.31 List Price: S$15.90
- Clevamama ClevaCushion 10 in 1 Nursing Pillow - MulticolourS$89.90 List Price: S$139.90
- ClevaMama Anti-Allergy Mattress (60 x 120 cm)S$103.20 List Price: S$129.00
- Clevamama ClevaSleep Plus Elevated Support PositionerS$79.90 List Price: S$99.90
- Aden Anais Silky Soft Bamboo Swaddle (44 x 44 in), 2pk (4 Designs)S$39.90 List Price: S$49.90
- ClevaMama Anti-Allergy Baby Mattress (70 x 140 cm)S$119.20 List Price: S$149.00
- Clevamama Tencel Mattress Protector (70x140cm)S$19.92 List Price: S$24.90
- ClevaMama Swaddle to Sleep (6 Designs)S$23.92 List Price: S$29.90
- ClevaMama Junior Pillow (New 3104 Model)S$59.90 List Price: S$69.90
- Clevamama Multi Purpose Edge Guard (4m)S$31.92 List Price: S$39.90
- Clevamama ClevaFoam Infant PillowS$27.92 List Price: S$34.90
- Clevamama ClevaFoam Toddler Pillow (New 3103 Model)S$39.90 List Price: S$49.90
- Clevamama Therapeutic Body & Bump Maternity PillowS$135.20 List Price: S$169.00