ClevaMama ClevaFoam Pocket Sprung Baby Mattress (60 x 120 cm)
ClevaMama ClevaFoam Pocket Sprung Baby Mattress (60 x 120 cm)
ClevaMama ClevaFoam Pocket Sprung Mattress is a hypo-allergenic ClevaFoam® & durable pocket spring mattress adapts to the changing weight of your child during the different stages of their development. Made with our unique ClevaFoam® Technology, it is scientifically proven to reduce the pressure on the back of your baby’s head by 50% and increase support by 80%, thereby helping to prevent Plagiocephaly, Flat Head Syndrome.
- Durable pocket spring mattress adapts to the changing weight of your child as they grow
- Made with ClevaFoam® Technology, reduce the pressure on the back of your baby’s head and increase support, helps to prevent Plagiocephaly, Flat Head Syndrome
- Pressure-relieving and supporting properties of traditional foam
- Designed to disperse body heat & maintain a healthy temperature and sleeping environment for your baby
- Hypo-allergenic, pH balanced and toxin free make it is ideal for babies with asthma or allergies
- Infused with baby-safe anti-fungal and anti-mite treatments
- The mattress is rotatable & flippable.
- Oeko-tex certified
- Size: 60 x 120 x 11 cm
Recommended for 0+ months. Comes with 3 years guarantee.
The hypo-allergenic ClevaFoam® & durable pocket spring mattress adapts to the changing weight of your child during the different stages of their development.
Made with our unique ClevaFoam® Technology, it is scientifically proven to reduce the pressure on the back of your baby’s head by 50% and increase support by 80%, thereby helping to prevent Plagiocephaly, Flat Head Syndrome.
The mattress is infused with baby-safe anti-fungal and anti-mite treatments while retaining the pressure-relieving and supporting properties of traditional foam. It is hypo-allergenic and pH balanced, making it ideal for babies and toddlers with asthma and allergies.
The mattress is rotatable & flippable. Oeko-tex certified. Non-removable mattress outer cover. Does not come with mattress fitted sheet.
All foam products are packed for safety and transportation and require time when unpacked to return to original shape and size.
Please remove the product from all packaging and allow to air for a period of 48 hours before use.
Optimum room temperature for best performance should be 18°C.
Vaccum regularly and spot clean with a slightly damp cloth allow to dry before using again. We recommend you use the ClevaMama® waterproof mattress protector to keep your mattress in tip top condition.
Researched and developed with the world-renowned University at Trinity College in Dublin, our advanced ClevaFoam® technology is specifically engineered, designed and manufactured for babies. It supports your baby’s rapidly growing body and developing joints, it protects the round shape of your baby’s soft head to help prevent Plagiocephaly (Flat Head Syndrome), which is common in young babies.
It is the only product scientifically proven to reduce pressure on the back of a baby’s head by 50% and to increase support by 80% (Trinity College, University of Dublin, Ireland). Hyper-allergenic, pH balanced and toxin free it is ideal for babies and children with asthma and allergies.
WHAT IS PLAGIOCEPHALY?
Deformational Plagiocephaly (DP) is a medical condition, more commonly known as ‘flat head syndrome’ (FHS), which occurs when an infant’s head becomes flatten and or misshaped due to the head continually resting on a surface that does not conform or support the shape of a baby’s head. Infant heads are soft to allow for the initial passage through the birth canal and then for the incredible brain growth that occurs in the first year of life. During the early months of life, they are more susceptible to being "molded" into a flat shape or taking the form of the surface that the skull is in contact with.
Plagiocephaly develops when an infant’s rapidly growing head attempts to expand, and meets some type of resistance— either prenatally in the mother’s womb, or more commonly after delivery because the back or side of a baby’s head is pressed against a mattress, car seat or other flat surface.
This condition affects many infants, especially since the widespread introduction of the “Back to Sleep” campaign which recommends that babies are placed to sleep on their back (supine sleep) that was introduced in 1994 and has made significant inroads to reducing the number of SID’s (Cot Deaths), by an estimated 46% in some countries. However, the by-product of the supine sleeping is a significant increase of FHS which is now at epidemic proportions according the AAP (American Academy of Paediatrics) affecting nearly 50% of all baby by the age of 2 moments. (www.aap.org, 2013).
Further to this, babies suffering from Torticollis are also at risk of developing FHS due the nature of the condition, which is a tight or shortened muscle in one side of the neck causes the head to tilt or turn to one side, resulting in the infant resting its head in the same position.
UNIVERSITY OF TRINITY COLLEGE RESEARCH
In collaboration with world renowned University at Trinity College in Dublin, ClevaMama® carried out a comprehensive study on Deformational Plagiocephaly or Flat Head Syndrome. This research led to the development of ClevaFoam®, the only non-invasive aid proven to help in the prevention and correction of Flat Head Syndrome.
Researchers at Trinity College Centre for Bioengineering conducted a biomechanical analysis of contact between an infant skull and different support materials during bed rest. ClevaFoam® was found to reduce the pressure on an infant’s skull which aggravates flat head syndrome by up to 50% and increase support by 80%. The study found both lower stress distribution on a baby’s head and lower strain energy density when using ClevaFoam® products.
What is ClevaFoam® made of?
ClevaFoam® is made from low resilience polyurethane foam.
Is ClevaFoam® the same as memory foam?
No, they share many features but have one great difference, namely the cell structure. Standard or normal memory foam is usually a closed cell structure which makes it heavy, dense, with reduced airflow causing it to retain and build-up of heat. ClevaFoam® is made with an open cell structure thereby making it lighter, more breathable, with reduced heat retention.
What age is ClevaFoam® suitable from and to?
ClevaFoam® products can be used from birth, with the upper age limit depending on the product ClevaFoam®
is used in. For example, the ClevaFoam® Baby Pillow can be used from birth but the Toddler Pillow is not recommended before 12 months. The ClevaSleep® Plus Elevated Support is also made out of ClevaFoam® and can be used until the baby starts moving in their sleep, usually at around 5-6 months (this will vary from baby to baby).
Is ClevaFoam® breathable?
Yes, because of the manufacturing process and the open cell structure ClevaFoam® is breathable.
Is the mattress fabric breathable?
Yes, it is. The fabric is made using Airflow™ technology, which increases airflow and draws away moisture from your baby.
What material is the fabric ?
The fabric is made from 100% polyester.
- Haakaa Fresh Food Feeder & Teether with Cover Set (9 Colours)S$29.90 (+10% OFF FOR VIP)
- Candide Air+ Plus Mattress Protector - 60x120cmS$27.10 List Price: S$59.00
- Clevamama Tencel Mattress Protector (70x140cm)S$19.92 List Price: S$24.90
- DreamMat Mattress Protector Sheets (6 colors)S$12.72 List Price: S$15.90
- Candide Towelling Mattress Protector - 70x140cmS$7.70 List Price: S$30.00
- Clevamama ClevaCushion 10 in 1 Nursing Pillow - MulticolourS$89.90 List Price: S$139.90
- ClevaMama Junior Pillow (New 3104 Model)S$59.90 List Price: S$69.90
- Clevamama ClevaFoam Toddler Pillow (New 3103 Model)S$39.90 List Price: S$49.90
- Aden Anais Silky Soft Bamboo Swaddle (44 x 44 in), 2pk (4 Designs)S$39.90 List Price: S$49.90
- Clevamama ClevaFoam Support Baby Mattress (70x140cm) - Increased AirflowS$191.00 List Price: S$239.00
- Clevamama ClevaSleep Plus Elevated Support PositionerS$79.90 List Price: S$99.90
- ClevaMama Anti-Allergy Baby Mattress (70 x 140 cm)S$119.20 List Price: S$149.00
- Clevamama Mum2Me Maternity Pillow & Sleep Pod - Yellow/Grey StripesS$169.00 List Price: S$249.00
- ClevaMama Anti-Allergy Mattress (60 x 120 cm)S$103.20 List Price: S$129.00
- ClevaMama Swaddle to Sleep (6 Designs)S$23.92 List Price: S$29.90
- Clevamama ClevaFoam Baby Pillow (New 3102 Model)S$23.92 List Price: S$29.90
- Clevamama ClevaFoam Pram Pillow (New 3101 Model)S$23.90 List Price: S$29.90
- ClevaMama AirGo Support Mattress (60 x 120 cm)S$159.00 List Price: S$199.00
- Cotton Cover (55x35cm) for Clevamama ClevaFoam Toddler Pillow (7 Designs)S$14.30 - S$14.32 List Price: S$17.90