BioGaia Protectis with Vitamin D is a food supplement with probiotics and Vitamin D to support good gut health and a strong immune system. It contains the patented lactic acid bacterium Protectis (L. reuteriDSM 17938***) that helps good microorganisms maintain a natural balance in the gut. It also contains an extra high dose of Vitamin D which contributes to the normal functioning of the immune system.
- One tablet contains 100 million live L. reuteri 17938 Protectis and 20 µg (800 IE) Vitamin D
- Free from milk, lactose and gluten
- Store in a dry place not above room temperature (max 25C).
- This product can be used during pregnancy and breast-feeding.
- Contains 90 chewable tablets with orange flavor
- Recommended daily dose: 1 tablet (regardless of age)
Recommended for children 3Y+ (when the child can chew properly)
*Our warehouse is air-conditioned and kept below 25 °C, the ideal conditions for storing BioGaia Protectis. See below FAQ for more storage information.
Bulking agent (isomalt), sweetener (xylitol), L. reuteri DSM 17938, vitamin D, orange flavouring and flavour enhancer (citric acid). Free from gluten, milk protein and lactose.
Storage: Store in a dry place, not above room temperature (max 25 °C/77 °F). Keep out of reach of children.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding: The product can be used during pregnancy and breast-feeding.
Recommended dose: 1 tablet a day.
Recommended daily dose should not be exceeded. Excessive consumption may produce laxative effects due to the inclusion of sweeteners in the product. It is important to maintain a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle, and food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet.
What is the difference between Protectis, Gastrus, Prodentis and Osfortis?
The main difference between Protectis, Gastrus, Prodentis and Osfortis is that they contain different probioticL. reuteri strains, or combinations of L. reuteriprobiotic strains.
Protectis contains L. reuteri DSM 17938
Osfortis contains L. reuteri ATCC PTA 6475
Gastrus contains L. reuteri DSM 17938 and L. reuteri ATCC PTA 6475
Prodentis contains L. reuteri DSM 17938 and L. reuteri ATCC PTA 5289
All BioGaia’s probiotic products have been tested in clinical studies and found safe and effective.
All BioGaia’s probiotic L. reuteri strains have been shown to survive in the human gastrointestinal tract and to temporarily colonise the small intestine. They have also been shown to have a positive effect on the microbiota composition.
Are there any side effects from taking BioGaia probiotics (Protectis/Gastrus/Prodentis)?
Since every gastrointestinal tract is unique some individuals might experience a temporary change in gut motility. BioGaia probiotics very rarely cause side effects in the amounts recommended for the products. Some individuals might experience gas (flatulence), but that generally disappears after a few days. No serious adverse effects have been observed in clinical trials up to the maximum tested dosage of 10 billion CFU per day.
What are the brownish dots that sometimes appear on the surface of BioGaia Protectis tablets?
The spots are not dangerous and the product can still be used. BioGaia Protectis tablets contains ascorbic acid, which is an antioxidant that contributes to the stability of the tablets. Over time the ascorbic acid oxidizes and the color becomes darker. This darkening is seen as small “spots” on the tablet.
Are multi-strain products better than single-strain probiotic products?
Multi-strain products containing several strains in high doses do not necessarily have a better effect than a single-strain product. Important criteria when choosing a probiotic product are:
• The probiotic bacteria must be defined on strain level
• The probiotic product must have been tested in human clinical studies, with the same dose and with the same bacterial strain(s) as in the commercial product.
What is Limosilactobacillus reuteri?
Limosilactobacillus reuteri (formerly known as Lactobacillus reuteri) is a probiotic bacterium that has co-evolved with humans since the beginning of time, and because of that it is adapted to its host. L. reuteri is one of the first bacterial species to naturally become established in the microbiota of the new-born. BioGaia’s probiotic products with L. reuteri are among the most scientifically well-documented probiotics in the world in terms of both efficacy and safety. To date, over 220 clinical studies with BioGaia’s L. reuteri-strains have been performed in approximately 19,000 people of all ages. Positive results have been shown for several gastrointestinal disorders, oral health, and bone health.
Can I still use BioGaia Protectis drops or tabs if they have been exposed to temperatures over 25 °C / 77 °F?
Prolonged exposure to high temperatures and/or high humidity will significantly shorten the shelf-life of the product. However, the product will still be safe to use.
Are BioGaia products free from common allergens?
Common allergens such as egg, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, shellfish and soy have not been used in the manufacturing of BioGaia products.
- BioGaia Protectis Chewable Tablets With Vitamin D, 30pcs (exp 01/25)S$29.90 List Price: S$45.90
- Miffy Corduroy Keychain, 10cm (5 Colors)S$19.90 (+10% OFF FOR VIP)
- BioGaia Protectis Baby Probiotics Drops, 5ml (exp 06/24)S$26.90 - S$27.90 List Price: S$45.00
- BioGaia Protectis Baby Probiotics Drops With Vitamin D3, 10ml (exp 08/24)S$41.90 - S$42.90 List Price: S$79.00
- BioGaia Protectis Baby Probiotics Drops, 5ml - EU Version (exp 06/24)S$17.50 - S$17.90 List Price: S$45.00
- Caraz Secret Ultra Folding Playmat, 160 x 200cm (4 Colors)S$229.00 (+10% OFF FOR VIP)
- BioGaia Protectis Chewable Tablets, 30pcs - Strawberry Flavour - Exp 10/24S$29.90 List Price: S$45.90
- BioGaia Protectis Baby Probiotics Drops With Vitamin D3, 5ml - Exp 04/25S$22.90 List Price: S$45.00
- Love to Dream Long Sleeve Bodysuit - Stripe Grey (5 Sizes)S$31.92 List Price: S$39.90